Saturday, November 21, 2009

Diary of a commoner!

Dearest Diary,

Today I had very good business in the general store! I made 3 denarii, in the mid-day alone. This was all because of the excitement that Sir Antony and Lord Caesar created. The excitement made an idea come to my mind, to create the Caesar sale! The excitement was about power, and our great leader making himself greater without raising his status. Sir Antony had, this mid-day, offered Caesar the crown! Although Caesar refused we were all very excited. He was offered it thrice and turned it down each and every time. Each one of these times we cheered and roared for him, with the spirit and support of a thousand men. But, I didn't fail to notice the restraint in his voice every time he did turn it down, but I still love him. I would easily give my life for him. Thanks to him, my family is with money, thanks to him, we are all alive. All of us commoners love Caesar, but I do wonder sometimes. Did we love Pompey more? If Caesar was ever to die, would we just love the next person, and then the next? Is that really loyalty, when you switch from Lord, to Lord? I did love Pompey, ay, I did, but I do believe that Caesar is a better leader. Hail Caesar! What am I thinking? There is nothing wrong with our leader! He is great, he is noble, he is brave! He is our leader and should be our king!

-Octavian Uulius

No comments:

Post a Comment